Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Saki Talks About Cliques (+Ati Suto)

(Art is drawn by the lovely Ati Suto,see end of post.) Hey everyone,I'm Saki Miyu. Today Kokona is sick,so I'll be doing today's post solo. Today I'll be talking about.... Cliques! If you look the word, "Clique," up on Google,this is what you get:
 clique
klēk,klik/
noun
plural noun: cliques
  1. a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
  2. Some cliques could look like this:
  3. (Oka and her squad totally let me post this pic,so that's cool.)
  4. Or some cliques could look like this:
  5. (Another Ati Suto drawing.)
Or some could even look like this:
Yes,that's right,me and my BFF's count! 
But those are all what I like to call,"Positive Cliques." The people in the clique are good friends,and treat each other with respect. They have a positive influence on each other. 
But not every clique is like that. In fact,most of them aren't.
(Another Ati Suto work.) These girls hang out by the incinerator all day long. They cut class,and I don't even think they're registered students. They obviously have no regard for school rules or other peoples safety. They encourage each other to act this way. 

Whether a clique is positive or negative,it can have negative influences on you. You don't get to see very many other people,because you are constantly pinned to one group. You may have several shoulders to cry on,but you will never learn the skills you need to deal with social issues,because you are always running to your friends. Some cliques have rules you need to follow,or you will be kicked out of the group. It's good to have friends,but you need to have a variety of friends who all are kind, respectful people.
My advice,don't stay with one group for too long. Change who you hang out with every once in a while. If someone says you need to be in their group to hang out with them,they don't need to be your friend,
With boredom  love,
If you stuck around to the end,good job! Now for the exciting part:
A couple days ago we got a new student named Ati Suto. She's from the United States. Japanese is her second language,because her mother is from Japan. Her second day at Akademi,and I saw her drawing on a sketch pad. I asked her what she was drawing,and she held up a sketch of our school uniform. 
I said,"That's really good,Ati!" She blushed and asked if I wanted a drawing. I said yes,and she handed me this the next day:
Soon everyone wanted her to drew them a picture. I think Mai asked for like,five.



I think they're beautiful!





She also drew one of Nemeshisu,and one in memory of Amai Odayaka. 

Absolutely beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment